Amazon announced last week that Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature cardholders will receive a $200 Amazon Gift Card upon application approval. In addition, the card will earn you 6% cashback – instead of the usual 5% – for Amazon and Whole Foods purchases. Additional bonuses and new welcome bonuses will only be available from July 1 to July 29.
This comes just in time for Prime Day, which takes place from July 12 to July 13. Prime Day offers shoppers a plethora of great deals to choose from, and Amazon cardholders can now earn even more rewards on their purchases. For folks considering adding an Amazon Prime Rewards Card to their wallet, early July is a good time.
With most credit cards, new cardholders must reach a certain spending limit before receiving the welcome bonus. With Amazon Prime Rewards, new cardholders will receive a $200 gift card instantly upon account approval. Just keep in mind that this promotion is only available for the Prime version of the card, not the non-Prime version.
While the credit card does not require an annual fee, potential cardholders will need to take out the active Prime membership, which currently costs $139 per year or $14.99 per month. So if you’re already a Prime member and don’t have the card (or another rewards card), don’t miss out on the new offer.
Along with the high cashback rate for Amazon purchases, the Amazon Prime Rewards card comes equipped with an impressive array of shopping and travel protections:
- Purchase Protection: Your new purchases are protected against damage and theft for 90 days.
- Extended Warranty: If your purchase warranty from the manufacturer is for three years or less, it will be extended for an additional year.
- Zero Liability Fraud: You will not be liable for any fraudulent charges made on your account.
- Travel Accident Insurance: You are protected from accidental death and chipping when you use your card to pay for air, bus, train or cruise transportation. Coverage up to $500,000.
- Lost baggage compensation: If you or a close family member whose checked baggage is damaged or lost by the shared carrier, you may be compensated up to $3,000 per passenger.
- Baggage delay insurance: Get reimbursed for essential purchases such as toiletries and clothes if your baggage is delayed by six hours or more. $100 a day for three days.
- Travel and emergency assistance: Get legal, medical or other help while traveling.
- Car Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Decline the insurance offer from the car rental company and charge the full amount to the card to protect your rental car from damage and theft.
- Send on the way: Having trouble in the car away from home? Call 1-800-847-2869 for assistance.
- The luxury Visa Signature group of hotels: Get the best available rate and room upgrades when available at over 900 luxury hotels worldwide.
- Visa Signature Concierge Service: Get help with non-emergency tasks like booking dinner, finding entertainment tickets, and more.
The content of this page is accurate as of the date of publication; However, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.